How orthodontics from your dentist in Provo, Utah can improve your smile
If you are living with poorly-positioned, rotated teeth, you probably already know how difficult it is to floss. You may also be embarrassed by your smile, as well as possibly experiencing jaw problems like TMJ issues. The truth is, a straight smile does more than just make you look great—it’s important to the health of your smile too! Dr. Gary Wiest at Provo Dental in Provo, Utah, offers a wide range of orthodontic treatments to give you the straight smile that you deserve.
So, which orthodontic treatment is right for you? There are several to choose from, each with its own advantages for you to consider:
- Conventional metal brackets and wires, which are the tried-and-true method to achieve a straight smile
- Ceramic braces, which are more aesthetically pleasing; the brackets are tooth-colored with ultra-thin wires, making this orthodontic treatment much less visible than metal.
- Lingual braces, which uses metal brackets and wires that are bonded to the tongue side of your teeth; this method is virtually invisible to people around you.
Clear aligners are another option, and this method doesn’t use brackets or wires at all; instead, you wear a series of clear plastic trays which move your teeth into proper position quickly and comfortably. Clear aligners have become a popular choice because they are:
- Comfortable, with no sharp brackets or wires
- Virtually invisible, because they are made of clear plastic
- User-friendly, because you can remove the aligners to eat
- Healthy, because you remove the aligners to brush and floss
For more detailed information about orthodontic treatment, please visit the orthodontics page on the Provo Dental website at https://www.provoutahdental.com/library/7794/Orthodontics.html
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Choosing the right orthodontic treatment is an important decision. You need to consider your active lifestyle, how discreet you want your orthodontic treatment to be, and other factors. You don’t need to make this decision alone—just call Dr. Gary Wiest at Provo Dental in Provo, Utah, for help with your new smile. Dial (801) 374-8205 today!