We Can Fix Chipped Teeth
posted: Feb. 22, 2021.
How your dentists in Provo, UT can improve your smile!
Chipped teeth are a common problem, especially as you get older. The strong, protective tooth enamel becomes thinner, making it easier for everyday habits to chip your teeth. The good news is, your dentist can fix chipped teeth and make them look new again. Dr. Gary Wiest and Dr. Kevin Wiest at Provo Dental in Provo, UT offer a wide variety of dental services to improve your smile.
- If you have small chips with no decay present, your dentist may recommend cosmetic dental bonding, a procedure that uses composite, a liquid material that can be matched to the color of your teeth. The dentist sculpts it and then it's hardened with ultraviolet light, giving you a flawless look.
- If you have large chips with no decay, your dentist may recommend porcelain veneers, which are thin laminates of porcelain cemented to the front surfaces of your teeth. Porcelain is also stain-resistant, so your new veneers will look and feel beautiful for up to 20 years.
- If you have small chips along with tooth decay, your dentist may recommend tooth-colored fillings, which also use composite. The decay is removed, and then the composite is placed then hardened with ultraviolet light. Tooth-colored fillings blend discreetly into your existing teeth.
- If you have large chips or areas of lost tooth structure, your dentist may recommend porcelain crowns, which cover the visible area of your tooth above the gumline. Crowns give your tooth outstanding strength and protection and can restore the beauty of your smile.
- If you need a little more strength, especially for back teeth, you can choose a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, also known as a PFM crown. These crowns have the strength of a metal underlay and the beauty of a porcelain coating.
Chipped teeth can be annoying, and they can also age your smile. To find out more about restorative and cosmetic dental treatments for chipped teeth, call Dr. Gary Wiest and Dr. Kevin B. Wiest of Provo Dental in Provo, UT at (801) 374-8205 today!